Thursday, December 17, 2015

Today Was a Gift

As if yesterday's Christmas miracle were not gift enough, I got another today: I had returned the report I had yesterday, and there wasn't anything else ready to be worked on. So what did I do with this work-from-home-win bonus time? No, I didn't start on my packing, though I did print out the list. I had a few things to take care of first.

First, with the Charlie Brown Christmas CD playing (and then the Muppets), I wrapped my Christmas presents, and then boxed the ones to be mailed. What a treat to get that done! A nice item to cross off the list. And if you need wrapping paper, I can't recommend the stuff from the Container Store strongly enough: great quality, nice choice of designs, grid lines on the back for easier cutting--thanks to my brother for teaching me this. I went after Christmas a couple of years ago and got the lovely stuff half off, which is the only way it could be better.

Anyway, that took some time, and then this afternoon, it was laundry time. Well, one load: the goal wasn't to get All Caught Up, but just to catch up a bit on the most key items, both for before I go and when I get back. Simple. Also this afternoon, I did the last few Christmas cards, which I have doing in dribs and drabs, and then took care of some more mundane household tasks (some dishes, vacuuming, fun stuff).

I also had a moment of bliss when I checked next week's weather forecasts for here and for where I will actually be next week, and saw I will be going from the not-that-bad 50s to the ahhhh 80s. Ahhhhh, nice.

Then, after "work," I went to the Post Office to mail those few things, and while I had to wait in a bit of a line (bring out the purse knitting), it wasn't much for the time of year (and it was longer when I left than it had been when I came in), so no complaints. To celebrate that, and brush off the chilly rainy weather, I went into Starbucks and got a delicious drink, then brought it home and had a rest-and-cuddle with Carlos on the couch (I'm still feeling that drag of congestion in my chest and sinuses, and that short errand run was surprisingly tiring).

And now that I have given this extremely exciting update, let me share a lovely holiday-music flash mob. I've shared it before, it isn't new, but it seems timely.



Right?

I was looking back on the blog, since I thought I had seen it before, and found another one I shared, in 2011, of Darth Vader in a Santa hat conducting a little flash mob. Nice, and also timely, right? And in 2010, the Hallelujah Chorus in a mall food court. Things that make me smile.

Also making me smile, this picture that someone put on Facebook:
And if you don't smile at Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart hamming it up, well, you ARE having a bad day, and I'm so sorry.

2 comments: