Friday, April 03, 2015

Thinking Bright Thoughts

There was a period during the worst of this winter when I honestly couldn't believe that spring was ever going to come; I can't pinpoint exactly when that feeling ended, and I could believe that spring would, in fact, come this year. I certainly believe now that it will, but my goodness, is it ever dawdling. We've had some moderate weather, here and there, before it reverts to the 30s and 40s again. Today was mild, not pleasant (at least when I was outside) but not unpleasant, which honestly is something, 60s but not sunny. But this morning, the forecast for Tuesday called for morning snow showers. When is it going to get nice?

I was at Wilson's last night, and I bought myself another hyacinth. I was hoping I wouldn't need more bulbs this year, but my goodness, there's still plenty of snow around, and although friends have put crocus pictures on Facebook, there's no growth where I can see it. Well, the neighbor's little tree has started budding, but it's so very preliminary, it doesn't raise my spirits. This will.

And so did this: Helen Mirren, on helium. Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment