Thursday, April 02, 2015

Hockey Thoughts

In honor of the Bruins game tonight, which like all of their games recently means a lot regarding them making the playoffs (they currently have about a 75% chance, but in the last few weeks that number has fluctuated wildly), here are some hockey links.

Like, hockey player making dominoes of themselves.

And I admit I haven't been following the women's world championships, but how about this (via Stanley Cup of Chowder):
Unreal! I can accept the score more easily than the shots. How do you only get five shots on goal in a game? That is one serious mis-match.

Hockey pirate when the puck gets stuck (via Puck Daddy):
Incidentally, much more benign than what happened to Drew Miller, who got a skate to the face Tuesday night, had more than 50 stitches, and is playing tonight (actually, he wanted to play the third period Tuesday, but was talked out of it to let the stitches settle). I won't put pictures of THAT here, but it's online if you want to see it. A miracle that he didn't lose his eye.

And to end on a lighter note, at a game in Florida on Tuesday, they had a special guest:
Because of course they did. I love the expression of the guy next to him.

1 comment:

  1. OMG OMG OMG that skate to the face, holy shit!! I don't think I'd have had the presence of mind to get off the ice as fast as he did. My reaction to getting hurt is usually to freeze for at least a few seconds. He's so lucky he didn't lose his eye.

    ReplyDelete