Wednesday, April 22, 2015

But WHY Am I _So_ Tired?

I mean, it's kind of odd how very, very tired I am, given that it wasn't a bad or strenuous weekend. A lot of driving, sure, which made it obvious why I was tired Monday night, but Tuesday night? I did that thing last night where I didn't realize how tired I was until I was practically too tired to get ready for bed, which is frustrating (I'm like a toddler when I get that tired, which I know, but I don't always see it coming in time). And tonight I'm losing my temper over absolutely stupid little things because I'm just so tired. I'm way behind on virtual things like emails, as well as non-virtual things like laundry, and lack the energy to sit down and get to it in most any way. And yeah, my hips bothered me again today, too, at least in the afternoon. Sadly, I seem to have passed the age where I shake off a long drive in a day.

Speaking of aging and the pains thereunto appertaining, my knees have been bothering me a bit lately, and I was thinking vaguely that I should be doing something exercise-like about that (I had trouble with my knees 20 years ago [after moving from a two-flights-of-stairs situation to a one-flight-or-elevator one], and I know I don't want that to happen again). And then, unfortunately, I thought of what I could be doing: climbing the stairs to the office, which is on the fourth floor. I say unfortunately because I don't wanna; starting the day loudly out of breath is not my preference. But there's no denying it's good for the quads, which hold that patellar tendon in place (or something like that; don't quote me on the anatomy), so I climbed this morning. Ugh.

I should be getting ready for bed. At least the trees and flowers are slowly, slowly beginning to welcome spring. I don't want you to think I haven't smiled at all today. For that matter, I laughed out loud watching this goalie try, for three minutes, to find where the puck went in his pads.



So it's not all gloom.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, be careful with the stair climbing. I had the same reasoning at one point and I actually had a doctor tell me to avoid the stairs whenever possible because it was putting a real strain on my knees and causing damage. Now I have arthritis in both knees, right behind the kneecap, and my doctor said to avoid the stairs. They would ultimately cause more damage than it would help. He said to do the recumbent bike and the treadmill instead.

    ReplyDelete