Thursday, April 23, 2015

​ ​Blue Apron Update: Mixed Results So Far

I haven't decided for sure that I'm cancelling my Blue Apron subscription, but I may. I still think it's an interesting service, but the fact of the matter is that I'm not really up for cooking full, elaborate (for me), dirty-multiple-pots-and-pans meals three nights a week, no matter that I would like to expand my culinary horizons. If they had a one-meal-weekly option, that would be a much better fit for me; two would be possible; but three has just led to food wastage as life, and energy levels, have gotten in the way.

Mind you, I've actually only had two deliveries thus far. The first week, I made one meal as described, and two-thirds of another, but didn't get to the third before the turkey went bad. The second week, I did even less well. I didn't like the looks of any of the recipes that much (I didn't log on in time to see the menu before the shipment was processing), and I was busy, and, well. Pretty much a fail.

I'm trying again, though. When I looked at the recipes for next week's shipment, they all sounded pretty good, which should radically increase my chances of cooking them.
  • Sirloin Tip Steaks with New Potato, Asparagus & Radish Hash
  • Laotian Larb Gai with Sticky Rice, Peanuts & Mint
  • Asparagus & Ricotta Sandwich with Arugula, Almond & Fennel Salad
So, we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment