Sunday, June 01, 2014

Once Again, the Night Before the First Day

I am deliberately not counting how many times I have blogged the night before starting a new job, because even a general idea of the number is a depressing proposition. So many job changes in the last dozen years! But as always, there is hope that this one will be better, this one will last longer, maybe this time...

I'm a little nervous, of course, but not frantic. I have a good feeling about this place, which was only helped by coming home last night to find this:

They sent me a little welcome box from Harry & David. Isn't that nice? It gave me a warm-fuzzy feeling about them, which can only help the nerves.

Also ready to take my mind off things is this guy:
I was out all day yesterday, and when I got home, he wrapped himself around my hand while it rubbed his belly, and he purred and purred. Because that's how he rolls.

2 comments:

  1. Nice treat box! Best wishes for a great first day at your new job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most awesome thing a company has ever done. You may have hit the motherlode this time. Also, that bit about Carlos seriously brought tears to my eyes. What a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete