Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Broken Record

So, yeah, it's still good, and man, am I ever still tired. I just looked looked at the calendar and thought, wait, tomorrow isn't Friday yet? How is that even possible? I can't be this tired just 60% of the way through the week. But here I am.

On the other hand, I was on the phone with the NY editor again today and, man, are we ever compatible, editorially speaking. Unless this is your first day here (in which case, welcome! I'm not making a lot of sense this week. Even less than usual, I mean), you know that I had a variety of issues with my last boss, one of which was that we weren't really on the same editorial wavelength, and yes, that's totally a thing. Welcome to my Facebook page:
 
I bet the NY editor's page looks a lot like mine, is what I'm saying. This is a good thing.

Also, I edited for real today, instead of just trying out something as practice. We'll see what feedback I get from it, but I think it's going well.

Also? Let me tell you how much it cracks me up to hear a 7-page article referred to as "huge". I absolutely LOVE it, but it cracks me up all the same. Seven pages, in Word, including four figures and a table ... huge. Riiiiight.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's no wonder you're exhausted. Starting a new chapter in your life, even for the better, just takes it out of you.

    ReplyDelete