Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Wednesday: Knitting, Reading, No News

For a day that included nothing further on the interview/job front, it was actually a pretty good day. Oh, chilly, yes, no sunshine, yes, and most of all no news about the possible job, but hey, I read and enjoyed not one but two books I've been eagerly anticipating for some time, plus a friend came over to hang out and knit for a while--and I got my sock to the toe, too. Here it is yesterday, whereas now it is awaiting its moment of kitchener glory.

I have a few more photos from yesterday. I noticed this sign, and am terribly curious about what the sign said before they covered a spot. _____ Real Estate?
Then there was this sign:
And I know I have a problem with being over-literal, as well as with nit-picking, but doesn't that imply that denim and lingerie are not clothing? And if they're not, what are they? I mean, lingerie could be considered unclothing, I suppose, but denim?

Now, have you ever seen a duck cross a busy street? Did they use a crosswalk? Because this one did.

Finally, lilacs in the rain.
It wasn't a driving rain, but it was a very persistent drizzle. Which, given the forecast that the rain would end mid-afternoon, was a trifle irritating to me at five PM, and again at seven PM. Just saying.

*****
The hockey blog Puck Daddy links to, and comments on, hockey-related items around the web. And this kind of commentary is why I love reading them:
Horrible editorial letter of the day: This guy thinks the Canucks should change their name because there are no real Canucks on the team. Right. And I don't think any members of the San Jose Sharks even have gills.

Right?

*****
Finally, have you seen this video? Fabulous family sings along to Bohemian Rhapsody on the way to school? Oh, just watch it!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment