Saturday, May 05, 2012

A Small But Satisfying Improvement

The soreness isn't quite so bad today, thankfully. But driving to the store let me know that seat-belt placement is awkward. No long road trips until healing is complete!

When I went to get that t-shirt out of the closet on Thursday, I had A Moment about my t-shirts, specifically about their storage. I basically throw them up on the closet shelf, where they slump and hide behind each other, and occasionally landslide down on my head. It isn't a good system, and I suddenly lost patience with it. I took them all down, and over the next few days improved the situation.

I didn't take a "before" shot, but here are the sweatshirts on the other side of the shelf. The t-shirts were like this, only much worse.
I remembered a plastic bin I already had which would fit the t-shirt space, and found a piece of cardboard* that, used as a folding guide, would make them all the same size, for better stacking.
*From the box of cat-food cans. Re-use win! Also, easy to replace.

Here we have, on the left, the old haphazard folds, and on the right, the new guided folds.
Which, when implemented, resulted in this:
All the same size means they stack better, and it's easier to see each one (or harder for the shy ones to hide). The ones I don't wear as much can be higher up, where I can eventually accept their day has passed and get rid of them. (I did purge a couple out during the re-org.)

It isn't a perfect solution, but all in all, vastly improved. Very satisfying!

1 comment:

  1. Meow Mix wet food I assume??? That's a clever idea instead of free form folding. I might have to do it next time we get a box.

    ReplyDelete