Thursday, May 17, 2012

Brain Cramps (and others)

This has felt like quite a busy week. Not that I've been busy every minute, but like I'm trying to fit in a lot of things, and many of their restrictions don't fit together well. It's a puzzle without a picture to solve it: if I do this here, then I don't have time for that, but if I move "A" to Wednesday, I'll have time for "C" and "F" on Thursday, and if I break "B" into two parts, I could do the first one this morning and the second one tonight ... I like puzzles, but I prefer slightly easier ones!

That said, today was a good day, other than cramps. The sun was out, for one thing, and you know how happy that makes me. I met a friend for lunch, and afterward we sat outside eating good ice cream in the sun. I ran a couple of errands, then met up with other friends for some peaceful knitting time. I re-started the heart shawl, which is good, but I also confirmed that it isn't social knitting for me. Must pay more attention to it, so from here on it will be knit at home. I can take it out to show it off, but that's all!

No news about the job today, so I'm glad I wasn't home all day, compulsively checking e-mail. I did talk to someone at the agency where I signed up last week, and there's a potential job for just a few days next week, straight proofing. But I think it would work out to around the same money as I get from unemployment, and since I wouldn't be able to file for next week if I worked it, the claim would close and I'd then have to re-open it, and ... it's not really worth it, I think. I told her I'd call back in the morning, so I'll sleep on it, and maybe call the unemployment office to confirm I wouldn't be screwing with the rest of my unemployment if I took it. So complicated!

*****
I clicked on a link to a story in the Montreal Gazette about hockey, and the weirdest ad was at the top of the page.
What ... what is that picture?--what is that baby covered in?--and what does it have to do with social worker schools? Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My closest guess on the baby is vernix:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernix_caseosa

    But it looks a little too artfully arranged to be real.

    ReplyDelete