Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunny Sunday Morning

The weather this morning was a very pleasant surprise. I opened the door to pick up the paper and my first thought was an almost puzzled, "But it's not cold!" In fact, it was about 60, so I came in and opened windows, and have had lovely fresh air blowing through, disturbing the fur-tumbleweeds. The accompanying noises are not all pleasant (the kids next door and that freaking basketball, plus whoever decided to give the little girl a bell and horn for her tricycle, and then let her sit on it alternately ringing and honking, for five minutes straight), and the cats are not yet sure this is As It Should Be, but overall very enjoyable, and unexpected. The rain is due in this afternoon, so I'll close up before I go to friends for dinner, but it's a welcome change, a literal breath of fresh air.

The weather yesterday was about 40 and raining, so I ran a few quick errands in the morning and then settled in for A Day of Hockey. I don't know if the NHL scheduled them this way on purpose, but yesterday's game times were all staggered, meaning four games and at least 12 straight hours of hockey. I didn't watch all of it, but I turned on the noon game and between laundry and so on, watched Tampa beat up Pittsburgh 8-2, then switched from Versus to NBC at 3 and saw the Capitals eliminate the Rangers (first handshake line I've seen this season), before switching to NESN* for The Game at 7 (pregame coverage at 6). The Bruins won--in double overtime! Exhausting, but that was certainly my desired result. It didn't finish until after 11, which left me disinclined to tune in to the 10:30 game on the west coast, so LA beat San Jose without me, and live to play another day.

*NESN is the local station; this game was also carried on Versus, but I read this morning that they announced at the end that Montreal now had a 3-2 series lead, which is just wrong. Pay attention!

It's an interesting year: two of the eight series are done (4-0 and 4-1), but the other six are all at three games to two. The Bruins have a few days of rest, which I'm sure they need after last night, and play again on Tuesday. Today I'll cross my fingers on Kate's behalf that Philly can beat Buffalo.

Meanwhile, whether you think of crucifixion or chocolate eggs today, have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment