Monday, April 18, 2011

Half and Half

Half-Dead

The Bruins have lost two games in their seven-game series, putting them halfway to school's-out-for-summer status. After tonight's game, they could be three-quarters dead, or they could be still half-dead, but have moved Montreal to one-quarter dead.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. And speaking of which...

Half Freaked

I mentioned that the vet was over recently to do bloodwork on Carlos. Despite my firm instructions to the universe that everything had to be fine because I am far from being over Pan and Harold, I learned today that he has some warning signs (high potassium etc) that could indicate kidney problems. Urg. Did you just hear my blood pressure go up?

One of the options is to wait a month and re-test, but I think we all know that I would be in the loony bin in less than a month from worry over the fur-baby. So I chose door number two, which is an ultrasound, on Friday*. And perhaps while they are here, they can check me to see if I have an ulcer by then. Honestly, universe, I am not as strong as you seem to think.

*Therefore, my apologies to you if this turns out to be the longest week in the history of the world for you, too.

Now everyone repeat after me: He'll be fine. He'll be fine. He'll be fine.

5 comments:

  1. He'll be fine. He *is* fine. You will be fine.

    Prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll be fine. You'll be fine. Everything will be fine.

    JUST in case... I've dealt with feline kidney issues for the last year and it can be done. I give mine IV fluids a couple times a week. Is it fun? No but I do it for love and it's not a big deal.

    Fingers crossed, keep us posted. Also - we've done the feline ultrasound. Not fun. Good luck with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will be fine. Positive thoughts your way Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything will be all right, and The Cat and I will say extra prayers when we do our night prayers tonight. (O.K., I pray and she licks all the moisturizer off my hands, but it's kinda like a small prayer group.)

    WV: "shmer"--as in, I put a shmer of lotion on my hands, and The Cat thinks it's cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He'll be fine, he'll be fine, he'll be fine. Tux and I will pray on it.

    ReplyDelete