Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where does the weekend go

This photo doesn't even begin to capture the amazing, huge-red-sun sunset we saw last night.


It was enthralling, and we just saw the last moments by chance, as we left dinner to go to the theatre. (I was seeing Harvey with friends in Rhode Island, and I can't recommend it highly enough.) (Dinner was also fantastic, if you find yourself down that way.)

It was a wonderful night, but also a late night, and though I am pleased to have been able to sleep late today, it does mean that Sunday has evaporated. I'm babysitting my friend's twins tonight, which means I have to get a little organized, which means no long flights of fancy here tonight. But I do have some photos for you.

The other wall art I already had for the bathroom, as I mentioned last time. It really isn't much, but I've always liked it.


Something about the colors.


I neglected to share one thing I did not buy at Building 19 on Friday. Some things that show up there, well, it's not all that surprising that they're left over. It's more surprising that anyone made them in the first place.


Not content with the Building 19 experience, I fit in an Ocean State Job Lot trip yesterday. I bought more of that soap I like:


And a new small suitcase:


It ought to stand out fairly well from all the black ones. (They had one that was solidly hot pink, but that was a bit much for me.) My old one had a good run, but the regular battering got to it, and I threw it out after my last trip.

Did I ever show it to you? It was black, so on my mother's advice (culled I believe from Heloise), I used fabric paint to make it mine, in a manner clear from fifty feet.





It lasted more than 5 years, which is quite decent. I'd be glad to get as much from the new one (but I don't have high expectations, which is why I buy one for $24 instead of full price.)

Have you had a nice weekend? A nice busy one, or a nice lazy one?

P.S. Six days to vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Not for nothing but... it looks like a bowling bag...
    It looks like it will work great!

    ReplyDelete