Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Briefly before rain

Harold is sitting by the window, looking out into the dark so intently that I'm a little uneasy. Being on this Torchwood* kick recently, the dark seems potentially fraught.

*One of my friends called me on a previous casual reference to Torchwood, as if everyone knows it. I refer of course to the BBC series, which is itself a spin-off of the classic BBC series Doctor Who. For more background, go here (very informative, but major spoilers, don't say I didn't warn you).

I'm just starting season 2 via Netflix, and I think the line "Have you seen a blow fish driving a sports car?" is almost as good as the Doctor Who classic line, "The angels have the phone box."

Look at that face:

Who could say no?

I think Harold was looking at a storm coming in. Ten minutes after I wrote that, he's vanished, and I hear the first thunder. Time to turn the computer off. Night-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment