Thursday, August 20, 2009

Quickly on Thursday

I was just sitting here at the computer, reading, when suddenly and from out of the blue, the second toe on my right foot exploded in pain. I could have sworn that someone was stabbing me in the toe. Of course, no one was, but it took close to a minute for the pain to stop, and I was practically yelling from it. What the hell?

Earlier today, mid-morning, I realized that I'd slipped into vacation-brain mode. All I could think about was the things I'd like to get done before my trip. There aren't that many things I have to do before I go, in the sense of "I can't leave until I...", but there are enough things I would like to get done (laundry; empty the dishwasher; return library books) that my head is starting to chase itself in circles. And work is failing to adequately capture my attention. I mean, there are things to do at work and I'm doing them, but I have to keep reining myself back from to-do lists and calendars and packing thoughts.

Plus, if I can't Get Things Done, can I knit? I'd rather be knitting. Or reading. Sleeping late and hanging with the cats.

When will I win the lottery and not have to work for a living?

1 comment:

  1. When you win the lottery, remember those of us still chained in cube farms and try not to flaunt your leisure *too* much. I'd do it for you!

    Happy vacation countdown!

    ReplyDelete