Monday, December 29, 2008

More photos! Florida and Christmas and Lights, oh my.

I got a last-minute chance tonight to have dinner with a friend in town for the holidays. We ate at Punjab in Arlington, and if you like Indian food, I highly recommend it. However, I feel I must warn you, as I would have wished to be warned, their menu has an ... unusual side:


I swear I don't remember goat being an option the last time I ate there.

Yesterday I got to see some other friends in town, including their 4-year-old perpetual motion machine daughter:


She's very cute, and with more energy than any six adults (or at least the six adults who were there at the time; the seventh was already driven to nap).

I don't want to forget to show you one Florida restaurant's version of Christmas:


Christmas night we got in Dad's convertible with the top down and drove around looking at Christmas lights. The phrase of the night was a quote from the winner of the decorating contest, who told the local paper that his display was "simple and tasteful." The picture isn't the greatest, but can you see why we were laughing?


I couldn't even get it all in one shot!

Really, if you're in the right frame of mind, it's all simple and tasteful. This one:


Don't you think? I mean, this one had a moving ferris wheel!


Well, maybe not this next one. The blur in the center was an inflated "Santa in the chimney with reindeer nearby" which had a slow leak or some similar problem. It was nearly horizontal, and moved in such a way as to make it really unclear exactly what they were doing on the ground.... I was laughing much too hard to get a shot in focus.


And it was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I get so cracked up by some people's displays. A house near ours is probably around a $700 K house and has the tackiest PVC pipe tunnel decorations and every blow up ever made. It's terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, the carbon footprint. (Does that make me sound Scroogish?)

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete