Friday, October 31, 2008

A tale of two walks

Another night when I don't feel like talking. Let me show you the walk I took today, in contrast to the one I tried to take on Wednesday.

I wanted to go for a walk on Wednesday. The weather wasn't cooperative, being mid-40s and mostly cloudy and really, really windy. I decided to try anyway.

It was beautiful.


In a chilly way.


There was beauty to be found.


The sun even peeked out.


But I gave up after 15 minutes. I didn't have a hat with me, and I couldn't feel my ears.

This morning, the view out my window was more like this:


So I tried again. Temps around 60 helped: the moving air was more a strong breeze, less a howling wind.


And doesn't sun make such a difference?


I like this guy even more in sunshine.


I didn't need my hat, or mittens, or even the scarf.


It was the pretty part of fall, where Wednesday was the nasty, look-what's-coming part.


I liked today better.

1 comment:

  1. You really do take the nicest photos. I remember when I was ("at leisure", "between engagements") unemployed. Having the time to do what I wanted was unique and appreciated. I'm so looking forward to retirement but there are too many years between then and now!

    ReplyDelete