Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Various updates (how descriptive)

Pan update: he seems to be a little better, thank deity of choice. He's not quite as distant as he had been being. Yesterday he came and sat on my lap, and again this morning, and it was simply lovely. It's less than a week since he lapped, but it felt like longer. I also saw him eating, which was a relief, and he's eaten his pills, if not eagerly, at least willingly, several times since yesterday. (I went out and bought a pill shooter, so of course he started taking the pills again: natural feline perversity.) We may not be out of the woods, but at least they're thinning for now, and I'll take it.

In other news, I think I've solved my upcoming dilemma, to wit: I have an interview on Friday, and I still can't comfortably wear shoes. I know, it's almost two weeks since the Bad Shoe Incident, but I haven't been able to walk normally in shoes yet. There has been improvement, most of the little blisters are gone or almost so, but the two worst ones, the ones toward my heels, just don't do well with any pressure. Socks, yes, flip-flops yes; shoes make me hobble.

Enter the solution:


I had some time to kill and wandered into Marshall's (discount clothing chain store), and just look what I found. Fairly comfortable (miles better that the ones from the Incident), and no backs:


I actually wore them most of today, and the results were very positive. I do need to adjust to the height, since most of my shoes are flats, but there's virtually no soreness, yay. And, I like them!

And thank heavens for a bright thing, since my day included the dentist and a full set of x-rays (gag x 24), and voting in the local primary (civic-minded but dull) and really just job search and blah. And, I've gotten so much done on my second sea sock, in just a week, but I'm wondering if I need to rip out the heel and do it again, since it seems ... excessively roomy.


I can't face it tonight. We'll see.

One final shot, from the town event I went to this weekend. They had a pie-throwing booth, and look at the target:


Welcome to Boston.

2 comments:

  1. Well, gee... my 'various updates' would include another run-in with nature (puppies vs wildlife - no one wins), work woes (NYC headaches followed by California freak-outs), and the beginning of chorus season with no internet connection from my home set-up for rehearsal files.

    Your shoes look very nice. Glad to hear the update on your precious pet(s -- can't leave Harold out).

    Good luck on Friday.

    You know you are right -- frog the heel.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heel will cause blisters - ask me how I know...

    Good luck on Friday - hope it's a job you want that wants you back :) And I'm very glad to hear Pan's doing better.

    ReplyDelete