Friday, September 05, 2008

Florida, Florida, Florida...

Did I mention that I went to Florida? I did, and I took so many pictures! Wanna see some? Of course you do!

I even learned things on my trip. For example, did you know that Boston has AT-ATs? It does!


At least in my mind. That's what I always call cargo cranes. I saw a million flying into the Bay Area a couple of years ago. (I swear that before I started writing this, I didn't know that George Lucas modeled AT-ATs on Oakland's cargo cranes, but apparently it is so.)

A hazy view of Boston.


You know you're in Florida when you can watch a rain shower go by.


And then get a lovely sunset.


How to drive a proofreader crazy, in one easy lesson. Produce an object with an error, and have no one notice, so that an entire endcap of magnets that should say "no wake zone" instead say:


That doesn't even make sense!

This flower does, though. It makes perfect sense to me.


And these:


And I don't even use limes that much, but I would if they grew on a tree outside.


(By the way, how do I tell when a mango is ripe? I bought one at the store today, and it's my first time. I'd hate to waste it!)

More or less center in this photo is a pelican flying by. We were eating at one of our favorite restaurants, and this is the view overlooking the boat dock. (Yes, you can tie up your boat and come in to eat.)


Another lovely sunset.


I wasn't the only one who went down to the beach to watch it.


And one last pink sky, flying home.


Home. Home is good, too.

I'm going to do shells another day. Yes, there could be even more photos here!

1 comment:

  1. LOL those magnets are great!
    Mangoes are ripe when they are kind of soft, but not yet squishy they also smell really sweet. I know not scientific, but it works here. I hope you enjoy it, they are one of my favorite foods ever!

    ReplyDelete