Friday, September 19, 2008

Time and past to talk about hockey

I can't let the start of training camp pass without delving into the subject of my Bruins at least a little bit, no matter how much job searching and feline health worrying may take my time. The Bruins are back! Hockey is back! It's the best thing about summer ending.

And it all starts with great news: Patrice Bergeron is all better. He'll be able to play, no health concerns or restrictions at all. It will be so great to see my favorite (current) Bruin, uninjured, out there again, just like he's meant to be.

Now, I'll admit, I'm not as thrilled with every piece of news so far. Like the fact that their opening game, which they kindly play on my actual birthday, starts at 10pm? Not thrilled. Stupid circus in town and the stupid circus road trip, every single year they mess with my long-summer, hockey-deprived mind. But overall, I'm happy. I may even go watch some of training camp, depending on how things go on Monday. It's always fun to see, and especially hear, hockey again.

One more good thing about the end of summer? Going apple picking. Yeah. Tomorrow. Yum. Fun.

1 comment:

  1. oooooh, apple picking. we don't really get to do that down here in the deep south. hope you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete