Monday, October 21, 2024

In "Just Do One Thing" Mode

I've been feeling overwhelmed lately by All The Things that need doing, so today I tried my best to shift into Just One Thing mode. Yes, I have so many things to do! Indeed! So many!

Do one of them.

Did one? Yay! Now do another.

Yes, putting that in the trash counts.

Or the other thing where it belongs in the bathroom.

Any. Thing.

It isn't much, but some things are getting done. Which is how Just One Thing works, eventually.

I did my absentee ballot yesterday! And will drop it off at early voting at the library tomorrow. It's so nice to delete messages without even looking at them. Too late! I voted!

And the postcards are almost done, which is good because am I ever sick of them they have to be mailed on Thursday. Turns out 200 is a lot, who knew*. And the arthritis in my hands is gently suggesting that maybe next election, we could instead put some money where our hands are, hmm? Ow.
*I wrote before that I signed up for 100, and I thought I had; that's how many postcards stamps I ordered...but the original email from them doesn't say, and I definitely got 200.


In other news, I started back to work today, after being off for hurricane and then vacation. This morning, my alarm woke me from a dream that my alarm hadn't gone off and I was late for work...I was very confused for a moment. The day wasn't too crazy, fortunately, although starting out by sorting through 325 emails was not the most entertaining thing ever.

3 comments:

  1. Did you have to WRITE ON 200 postcards? My hand would be a useless claw after 25. Go you!
    Just One Thing is a really good thing. So much better than doing nothing (or doing too many things, come to think of it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Just One Thing concept, I hadn't heard of it before. Congratulations on writing out 200 postcards! That's a LOT. I did 100 letters, and 20 post cards, and that was enough for my arthritic hands for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just One Thing is a perfect plan to eke (sp) away at a list of tasks. I too have voted and now can spend the rest of the time getting nervous.

    ReplyDelete