Saturday, October 05, 2024

Trip Planning Gets ... Derailed

I started drafting a post on Friday: 

On the one hand, I can't wait to stop working and be on vacation, and it's taking forever to get there.

On the other, wait, I need to be packed and ready to go by when?

Right where I always am, in other words.

I have started to stalk the weather in upstate NY. I know that more then a few days out, it's not completely reliable, but it will give me an idea. As of midday Friday, this is what it says:


And right now, that idea is yes, pack your winter coat, Florida girl. Brrr!

~~~~~

And now it's Saturday, and I'm looking at this:


Milton, currently a tropical storm but forecast to quickly become a hurricane, is looking very likely to hit us here in Florida on Wednesday. It's starting to look like I won't be flying to NY on Thursday, isn't it?

Happy birthday to me.

Shit, man. Just, shit.

5 comments:

  1. I just read about this on another Florida blog. I'm so sorry. This has been such a relentless hurricane season already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a quiet season for a while, but not lately! I'm really ready for it to be over.

      Delete
  2. Oh come ON! I will just hope that this is completely wrong and everything goes well for you. If not, I will be sweary and indignant on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the support and company in my own state of sweary indignation.

      Delete