Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Still Waiting

We are still in the hotel, and doing fine when all things are considered. When I made the reservation on Monday, the forecast had effing Milton crossing over land on Wednesday, so I was hoping we would be able to head home on Thursday. But it slowed down, and now is supposed to hit overnight tonight (Wed late/Thurs early), so it looks like we may not be able to get home until Friday. Or, of course, later, depending on how hard-hit home is.

Sigh. Stress and uncertainty.

Anyway! We are here, safe, and that counts for a lot. Have some photos, mostly of Maggie exploring:




Starving.
We got to watch the Bruins game! (Unfortunately they lost; I expect they'll win Thursday night, since I don't think we'll be able to see it from here.)












I ran out today to do a load of laundry (Maggie peed in the carrier on the way here, poor thing).
I was not excited that it was open-air, considering the temperature at the time. I feel very lucky that I don't usually have to do laundry this way. 



Cat? What cat?
What cat?
No cat here. Obviously.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone is settling in! Feels like 98? Wowsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. Looks like Maggie is settling in just fine. Hope the night was uneventful and you get to head home today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waiting must be so stressful, but I'm glad you have a place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very stressful, but it could be so much worse.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of (or seen) and open-air laundromat.

    I'm so glad you found a safe spot to wait this out. AND you got to watch your team and cuddle with Maggie. I do hope you can return home soon and that it's a happy homecoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as the power is on at home, we'll head out. Hopefully tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. An open-air laundromat is a complete novelty to me. Did someone not want to pay for AC when they built the place?

    Meantime, the photo with your afghan somehow instantly felt like you've made the place your home for the moment--it was a comfort to me, which I can't even explain really, but it was. And I'm sure to Maggie, too, to have it there as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like an exceptionally silly idea for a laundromat in a hot place. You and your beautiful cat are making the best of a bad deal, though. I hope not for too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine ANYTHING being open-air where we live in Canada since it's so cold in the winter. When we were in Portugal this summer I couldn't believe that most of the train stations were completely open (except for having a roof).

    Maggie is clearly living her best life, but I'm sure you wish you had never been put in this situation. I hope your power is on soon and there is no major damage in your local area.

    P.S. Maggie is a natural with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your train station story reminds me of the airport in Kona, on the Big Island in Hawaii, which is open to the air as well. Not what you want when you're dressed for the cold of the plane!

      Delete
  8. My husband and I were once at a grocery store in Las Vegas. We could not find carts. Carts were to be had because other people had them. Turns out that THEY STORE THE CARTS OUTSIDE THE STORE. This dumbfounded us. An open-air laundromat? Insanity.

    I am glad you're all safe, even if Maggie is suspicious of the new digs. I hope you get to return hope soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of places down here have the carts outside, yeah. I guess they figure, why pay to air condition them?

      Delete
  9. Haha - all of these comments about open-air laundromats are SO FUNNY to me because that's not uncommon at all in Florida!

    I'm glad you were able to stay in a hotel to ride out the storm! If I was evacuating on my own with the cats, that's probably what I would have done. Maggie seems to have settled in well, always a relief!

    ReplyDelete