Sunday, January 20, 2019

Tidying and Plotting

The other day, I worked on tidying my knitting-stuff area, which was a bit ... untidy. Before:
After:
 A little better, right? I think so. I used this cute sheep bowl that my aunt got me for Christmas:
To hold stitch markers, and only stitch markers. No more opening a tin to find blocking pins or point protectors.
I can actually see some of the other tools, instead of having to dig for them.
I also have a new table to play with; one of our neighbors offered it to us, after she got some new furniture. It's a nice sturdy little thing, and I'm figuring out how it fits in with my storage needs.
Meanwhile, I'm doing yet more what-knitting-next plotting. There are:

  • the two shawls I'm most interested in from the book I got recently; 
  • the next top I want to make, once I finish the one in progress
  • there's a shawl I mentioned only in passing, the Konoha no Shawlette, which I have wound yarn for already;
  • I'm at the toe of the second sock, and the other day I was wearing my Claire socks and thinking of making that pattern again, so maybe that will be next;
  • and then at knitting last week, someone was wearing a perfectly lovely shawl, Sagitta, and I was instantly smitten.
I started thinking about what yarns I have that might do, and remembered a set of Socks That Rock Mediumweight mini-skeins that I got a few years back. 

I have other, full-size skeins of the same yarn, so I started looking into possibilities:
Still pondering; I have to look more deeply at the pattern to decide how many colors I want to use.

In other yarn news, I got a box the other day:
And I was slightly worried:
But the contents were packed well, and unharmed. (Also, I am informed, the box makes an excellent cat bed. Who knew.)

And despite the label, the box was not only yarn, it had other things. But there was this yarn.


It will make a lovely little shawl at some point. I use shawls quite a lot down here, so I can see where having more will be a good thing. Which is nice, since I want to knit them!

No comments:

Post a Comment