Monday, January 28, 2019

Hockey Links

Some days, you* run across any number of hockey stories and fun bits. Here are a few.
*At least, if you're me, you do.

~~~~~
Oh, Canada. What else would you do on a frozen highway while waiting for the road to reopen, but get out sticks and a puck?

~~~~~
If you've ever been to a hockey game, especially in the minor leagues, they often have on-ice contests between periods featuring fans trying to do various things for prizes. Check this woman out!

~~~~~
On the latest episode of Behind the B, the Bruins reality show, they visit the farm team in Providence and we get to see how they celebrate a win (nothing I've seen before). I mean:
That's ... different.

~~~~~
Pasta made a Dunkin Donuts commercial!



"Hey ref, check your voice mail, you missed some calls!"

~~~~~
Finally, on a more personal note, I'm going to see the Bruins play the Panthers in March (yay), and I was looking at the arena's policies online, highlights of which include:

  • No airhorns or vuvuzelas
  • Cowbells are permitted
  • Masks will be allowed to be worn within the arena.
  • Please note that any hats thrown on the ice during a Hat Trick will not be returned.

That last one just screams "non-traditional hockey market" to me. I mean, who would think they would get their hat back?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game, and am also making my little plans for the day. For instance, we don't have a Container Store anywhere near here, but they're on the east coast! I think a drop-in is called for. I wonder if there are any restaurants I like that are in the same situation? Maybe Korean! I haven't found that around here yet. I don't need a fancy meal, by any means, but I'll want something before I go in the arena, where I'll have my traditional hockey game fare, a soft pretzel.

Disturbingly, the concessions purportedly sell a S'mores Pretzel--what kind of monstrosity is that? Man oh man. Is that also non-traditional hockey market, or is that A Hot New Thing I just don't know about? Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment