Monday, January 07, 2019

2018 Reading

Although I'm not someone who sets annual reading goals for myself (nothing wrong with it! just not something I'm into personally), I will admit that on December 31, when I noticed that I had finished* 99 books over the year, I did make sure to pick up a book that I had been reading and finish it before bed. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a big round number.
*Not read, but finished: I started and didn't finish plenty of books. I only keep track of the ones I finish.

So, I read 100 books in 2018! And because I'm a bit of a data nerd, I can tell you more specifically that:
  • 39 were ones I read for the first time (of which my favorites were probably The Murderbot Diaries novellas by Martha Wells)
  • 61 were re-reads
  • 26 came from the library (or, rather, libraries, since I moved mid-year)
  • 51 were science fiction/fantasy
  • 16 were young adult or young reader
  • 6 were nonfiction (of which my favorite was certainly The Down Goes Brown History of the NHL)
All of which sounds about right to me, for me. The total is a bit higher than 2017, but that was a massive drop from 2016, so ... up and down, about right. I love to re-read, I like both SFF and YA/YR, I don't read a lot of NF.... yup, yup, yup.

Any questions? What about you? Do you keep track? Read anything particularly notable in 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment