Sunday, January 06, 2019

Sleepy Little Monkeys

There's just one group of kittens at the shelter right now, four little monkeys who are all the usual kitten levels of adorable. I brought a fishing pole toy in the cage and they had a wonderful time leaping and grabbing and landing on each other.

One after another, though, they went into eat-bath-sleep mode. I got my camera out when these two were washing each other.
While number three here asked what they were doing, why stop playing?
"Because it is nap time."
"Join us!"
"Well, okay."
"Guys! Play with me!"
"Guys?"
So I picked her up and let her play with that ever-fascinating cat toy, the camera strap. (Well done, Canon, that thing has held up to a lot of abuse over the years.)
She rolled around.
And around.
And around. 
 She was having a wonderful time.
And a little bit crazy-eyed, through the blur of motion.

That FACE.
I figured she had to be slowing down soon, though.
So I started rubbing the top of her head, and the lights went out.
Shortly, she jumped down with the others, and after a bit of a bath:
 Which disturbed her nearest neighbor:
She moved off to the side.
And conked out.
And then it was all four, out.
I call that time well spent.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!

    My daughter has a cat door in one of the bedrooms so their two can escape the toddler. She gave him a fishing toy while we were there and we got to watch his fits of giggles as a white paw darted in and out of that door at the feather. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely illustrated story. I had a smile on my face the whole time.

    ReplyDelete