Thursday, January 03, 2019

Found in an Old Cookbook

My mother was looking in an old cookbook recently, and found an old piece of paper folded inside. It seems to be from Good Housekeeping, and presumably she kept it for the side with the guide to buying shellfish.
But the other side is even more fun. Booklets! And how to get your birth certificate. Because of course, these are three things that go together.
It seems to me that these days, the number of people who need help figuring out how to get their birth certificate is probably low, at least in the US.
And of course, Google would be how we'd ask the question these days.
Still, the patient detail is something.
And then the booklets! Which one would you write away for?
I'm tempted by "All Sorts of Sandwiches," but then the "Hot Dog Cookbook" is intriguing. How many recipes could there be? I do know that I don't need "What You Should Know About Tea," since for me, the entire answer is, "You don't like the taste."
It's certainly a sign of the times when one says that "smoking may cause" various problems. That's probably the most out of date, don't you think?

Which one would you order?

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely for the sandwiches although lately I've been making do with spec (a German prosciutto and more expensive, of course!) rolled around sticks of Spanish Manchego (sheep cheese). I'm so SO cosmopolitan! LOL

    ReplyDelete