Tuesday, January 08, 2019

A Little Late Christmas Knitting

More or less at the last minute, I decided to knit a hat as a Christmas gift. It came out rather nicely, and of course I couldn't blog about it at the time, but here it is!

I didn't bother getting out the swift and ball-winder, but used the traditional two-chair method.
The yarn was Herriot Great, from Juniper Moon Farm, a skein I had picked up on a sale. Lovely, soft, warm, bulky weight.
The pattern is the Ramble On Beanie; I made a hybrid size, casting on 60 stitches, but following the larger size/length. It didn't turn out quite as long/slouchy as I had intended, but I do like how it turned out.

As often with hats, hard to get a good picture! This one looks like a weird too-tall child size.
The proportions are somewhat better here.
And this is probably the best view of the simple-yet-entertaining stitchwork.
I'm happy with it, and the recipient reports it's nice and warm, just what she needs in the frozen north (Boston). Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment