Thursday, April 26, 2018

They Did It!

I felt so much trepidation before last night's game. I hate "lose and your season ends" games, especially when they had not one but two chances to win and blew both. The first two periods were not completely Toronto-dominated (the Bruins were only down 4-3 after two), but they were up and down enough that I had a bad feeling about things. But how could I turn it off?

I couldn't. What I did, though, was mute it, and listen to something not related to hockey, while keeping an a cautious eye on the screen. They tied it up pretty fast, and after they took a 5-4 lead, I checked back in, and watched in growing pleasure as they made it 6-4, and finally 7-4. Ahh! There's the team that played games one and two!

Stanley Cup of Chowder posted some audio of parts of the game coverage today, and I was amused to look at the volume spikes. Like this one: can you tell when Bergeron scored to give the Bruins the lead?
How about when Krug tied it up again, after they had fallen behind?
And DeBrusk with the next lead:
Pasta makes it 6-4:
It's getting louder overall, too.

Finally, Marchand into the empty net.
Ahhh. I'm tired from the late night, but between this and the sunshine, it's been a better day than yesterday was, for sure.

And I'm ready for Saturday at 3, in Tampa.

1 comment:

  1. And here I thought you were referring to the sale of your condo! Oh well, I guess a win by your beloved Bruins works.

    ReplyDelete