Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Slight Progress (not super noticeable)

I feel like I have written words to the effect of "nothing went wrong but I am tired and stressed today anyway" too many times to count recently, and the same could be said today. Well, something went wrong: after yesterday's pleasant, sunny weather, today was cooler and poured rain. But although that was unpleasant, I guess it's not all that surprising. Just because it's May next week, why should the weather be nice yet?  :/

The good news, as far as it goes, is that the lender's appraisal did happen as planned, and I am home again, strewing trash cans and tissue boxes about the place with reckless abandon. Leaving things on the counters! And the toothbrush out in plain sight! Not to mention the toilet paper, and towels. Putting the alarm clock on the bedside table? The nerve! Why, it's like I think I live here.

I haven't turned on the Bruins pregame coverage; I couldn't bear to listen to an hour of who-knows-which-team-will-show-up-tonight. I just finished listening to the latest 31 Thoughts podcast, which was taped last Friday, and featured my favorite homer play-by-play man, Jack Edwards, in what was a really interesting in-depth interview. I think it might even have been tolerable to non-Bruins fans, though of course, how could I be sure. The game is a 7:30 start, so I have a little more time to kill. Perhaps I will pull a few more things out of hiding.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got that over with! I remember a house appraisal while trying to get three kids under the age of five to let my house stay clean for five minutes.

    The appraiser was a middle-aged mom. She chuckled and thought they were adorable and not to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete