Monday, April 16, 2018

Five Months

It's been five months since Carlos died. It feels like forever, and it feels like a minute ago. Isn't time funky that way?

I miss him terribly, and frequently. I wonder sometimes how different it would have been, if he had died when I wasn't getting ready for this move. I always called him my therapy cat, and I would have missed him awfully any time, of course, but lately, I have really needed him, and, well. There he isn't.

It's such a huge 10-pound hole where he used to be.
Once I'm settled in Florida, I'll start thinking about and looking around for another cat. Not to replace him, any more than he replaced Pan or Harold, but to succeed him. He left some big paws to follow in.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cat he was.

    Are you partial to orange cats in particular? I know I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish for you a quick sale, an easy move, and a warm kitty at the end. I know you miss him.

    ReplyDelete