Thursday, April 12, 2018

Meanwhile

The Bruins start their playoff series against Toronto tonight, which perhaps may help take my mind off Things. I was quite incensed this morning when I saw the game would be on NBCSN, since the first round is usually on NESN and I'm not ready to say goodbye to my team of homer announcers, but it turns out it's on both networks tonight: the TV grid in the Globe showed the Red Sox game being on NESN, but in fact that has been bumped to NESN-plus so the Bruins can have the main network.

Which is as it should be. It's the playoffs. I don't care if the Red Sox are playing the Yankees, their season just started. I don't gripe in October if the Bruins get pushed to NESN-plus, and this is the same thing in reverse.

There hasn't been any further condo news today. I asked the realtor yesterday if I can start leaving boxes about the place, or if I have to keep it pristine until the lender's assessment is done, and she said that I can have boxes, but please don't "mess up" the condo until the lender has been through*, which should be in the next week or so. When that is scheduled, I will ask her if it needs to be showing-clean, or if it can be neat and tidy, but with trash cans and tissue boxes not hidden away; obviously, I am hoping for the latter, but I'll do what needs to be done.
*She told me previously that she has to sell the place twice, first to the buyer and then to their lender, so I knew it was important.

I spoke to movers yesterday, and while I haven't gotten the estimate by email yet, she said that they charge based on actual weight, and it works out to more or less a dollar a pound. So that's good information to have; I need to start going through my kitchen things, and that will be a factor in what I keep and what I don't.

Although I packed a box of books yesterday, I am going to try to keep my focus on the kitchen next, since it's full of so many awkward things to pack. In the past, one of the ways I have gone wrong when moving is to do the easier things first (like books), and leave the kitchen until later, without giving myself enough time. This move, I absolutely have to be ready, as close to 100% as possible, when the movers come. And if you think that goes without saying, well, it hasn't worked out for me that way before. Mostly ready, yes; completely ready, no.

All right, this is turning into "thoughts that induce migraines, or panic attacks," so I will stop that for now. One little step at a time. And go Bruins!

1 comment: