Sunday, April 15, 2018

One Out of Three

Q. Any more certainty about the condo-selling process and timeline?
A. No. I hope/expect to learn more tomorrow, but not yet.

Q. Has lovely, spring weather arrived for the middle of April*?
A. No. Today it's 34 degrees, and there have been snow flurries.
*Freudian slip: at first, I typed March. It feels like March.

Q. Are the Bruins doing well as the playoffs begin?
A. Oh, hell yeah!

At least one thing is going beautifully!

And honestly, it's not that the condo-selling is going badly; it's going quite well, compared to how it could have gone, as I am well aware. It's still a huge amount of stress, though, and still not-inconsiderable levels of uncertainty, and, well. I told a friend at lunch today, "I thought I was tired, stressed, and short-tempered before." She assured me that I'm doing well, and sometimes I believe it, but other times, well. Even your best friend doesn't always see the full picture.

But last night was game two of the Bruins series against Toronto, and the Bruins won game one so decisively that there was considerable discussion about what Toronto needed to do to be better. Whatever they tried, it didn't work, and it was a very enjoyable game for a Bruins fan to watch.

I also got a lot of knitting done. I went from this, before the game started:
To this, at the end of the game.
I need to make sure I have enough knitting with me for getting through the trip to Grandma's next weekend, but I should be okay, I think, since this is the first of the two socks. As backup, I can bring the skein I bought yesterday, when I dropped in to an LYS that was having a spring sale.

They got my attention by offering 25% off anything with cashmere, and since my favorite socks to wear are the ones that have a little cashmere in them, and thus they wear out the fastest, I couldn't resist this:
Most of the colors they had in stock were more solid, but I liked the tones in this one.
And it's so soft. Soft pretty yarn, Bruins playing well, deep breaths ... I'll get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment