Monday, April 02, 2018

Another Step Checked Off

The morning (really, less than an hour) with the realtor and photographer went fine, as I figured it would, even though my subconscious was not so sure, giving me partial insomnia and some truly bizarre dreams last night as well. And nerves while waiting this morning! Including about the fact that it was snowing, no, seriously, it snowed this morning, just what I needed to worry about. So much for a sunny day for the photos.

But the realtor looked around, complimenting what I'd done, and finally said, wow, I really listened to her, didn't I? And I laughed and said, "I'm a rule-follower, I wanted to get a good grade!" She said I get an A+.

One of the few things she did that I hadn't done was to hide the roll of toilet paper. (I mean, I understand hiding trash cans and laundry baskets, but ... toilet paper?) I will never understand why, but I'm not asking. She's the expert here.

The photographs should be ready tomorrow, which I can't wait to see, and the listing will go up tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning. The sign is already up, and the lockbox is on the door. I'll tidy up again Wednesday night and Thursday morning, and pack my bags to go stay with friends until Sunday night. That way, she can have as many showings as she wants, and the open houses, and I don't have to keep putting things away and taking them out and putting them away again.

Hopefully by this time next week, things will be at least close to settled.

Meanwhile, I'm exhausted, and can't even think about next steps. I'm getting ready for bed.

1 comment: