Monday, December 18, 2017

Random Thoughts Before Leaving

Many of the things that have changed in my daily life since Carlos died are not surprising to me, but once in a while something small comes up to make me say, huh. Right, of course, I just didn't think of that.

One of those things is that, for the first time in many years, I'm going away without having a petsitter come, and that means that no one will be bringing my mail in. It's not a big deal, I don't get that much mail, but I don't love the idea that it might become obvious I'm not home. So I asked one of my neighbors* if she would take it in if it starts building up too much, and she said sure. But still. Huh. Weird.
*The one whose cats I fed a few times, earlier this year.

~~~~~
My packing is nearly complete (which is a good thing, I know, since I'm travelling tomorrow!). As I think I mentioned, I am bringing two large suitcases with me, so I can take down some things to leave there, for when I move and put much of my stuff in storage. One evening last week, I started filling the first suitcase with things, books and yarn and so on, so that I could get a sense of how much I was going to be able to fit, which turns out to be quite a lot! (And before you ask, yes, I have a luggage scale, so I can make sure each bag doesn't get too heavy.) This weekend I worked with my list and the suitcases, and except for things that can't be done until tonight or in the morning, I'm all set. Whew!

~~~~~
It's going to be really nice to be away, not just for the family and the weather and the celebrating the holiday, but also simply to be somewhere where I don't expect to see Carlos all the time.

Also, I can't tell you how pleased I am by the weather forecast there. It looks like it will be at even nicer than "at least it's better than it is at home" levels the whole trip. Ahh, sun and warm.

~~~~~
I doubt I will blog much while I'm away, but I may pop in now and again.

~~~~~
Happy whatever-you-celebrate to you. And if that is Christmas, well, don't miss this video of the outfits the Bruins wore into Saturday's game. Ugly sweaters in suit form, hilarious!




2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss catsitting Carlos. :-(

    Have a fantastic trip, and give our best to your mom!

    ReplyDelete