Friday, December 08, 2017

A Good Thing, Tomorrow

Today probably wasn't going to be a great day anyway, even before I woke up at 5, went to the bathroom, and then couldn't get back to sleep. I needed that hour or two.

And remember how I mentioned that the report I'm working on isn't the worst one ever? Well, it turns out that the authors think they can take illustrations from another source and copy them into the report, and that slapping an "adapted from" in the footer makes it all right. Guys, that is called plagiarism, and I don't know how you got your advanced degrees without ever hearing about that, and that it is bad, and wrong.

Also, not to be over-literal, but that is not what "adapted" means.
And then, of course, it's going to snow tomorrow.

However! Also tomorrow, I'm having a late Friendsgiving* meal with friends, so tonight I am making angel salad, and a (different) friend is coming over to hang out while I make it, and then we're going to watch a Christmas special from our childhood, and hey, it isn't all bad.
*Not my favorite word, but it doesn't bug me like "Galentine's Day" does, so, eh. Whatever.

Although today would have gone better with my therapy cat, just saying. He was good at talking me off the ledge on days like this.
Even in his sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment