Saturday, August 26, 2017

A Good Week, But Busy

It has been a good week, but a busy one; even when it's all good things, I'm not actually fond of weeks when I'm out every night (even if they're not all late nights; I really need my recharge time). For that matter, Carlos isn't fond of it when I'm out that much, either! Still, it happens sometimes, and it works out.

Specifically:
  • Monday: The usual, meaning the chiropractor and stitch and bitch. 
  • Tuesday: Swim class, and a stop at the grocery store.
  • Wednesday: Errand, and went to a vigil my town had (against hate, the whole mess in Charlottesville, etc.). 
  • Thursday: After an errand, out to dinner and a movie with a friend. We saw Wonder Woman (which was good!) in Arlington, which is one of those places that I think of as being farther away from me than it really is. Even in rush hour, the drive over wasn't that bad (though there was a long stretch where every traffic light I came to turned red, which was annoying). We had dinner at Otto, which was yummy, and I did some shopping at Maxima, a quirky little store that is great for killing a little time, and finding things you didn't know that you (or someone else) needed.
  • Friday: Free Shakespeare in the Park! Hamlet, outside Assembly Row (a shopping area in Somerville). They do a different play every summer, and I haven't gone to one before (getting me into Boston is like pulling teeth), but this year it's my favorite, and when I checked the locations, there it was! Decently close to me! And they did a really good job, too. (And fortunately for me, I had checked the weather, and knew to wear jeans and sneakers and layers; August or no, it got quite chilly, and there was a little breeze off the water, too.)
Then there was the trip to the vet this morning to have Carlos weighed. I thought that perhaps, since he hates the car so much, he wouldn't mind walking (me walking and carrying him in the carrier, that is), but in fact he wasn't too happy with that, either. And I got quite the workout! But it was good news: he put on three ounces in 7 weeks. Anything up is good, but I honestly was hoping for it to go up by one, maybe. Three is excellent! They do want us to go back in a while and recheck, but sufficient unto the day is the worry thereof.

Whew.

2 comments:

  1. I did not have the foresight to wear layers, and thus froze my butt off, but the play was so good I didn't care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news on Carlos. I know you must be relieved.

    ReplyDelete