Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Another WOW* Week

*What, Only Wednesday?

OK, so it's Wednesday. Douglas Adams called Thursday the problem day of the week, "belonging as it does nowhere at all" if I remember correctly, but for me, Wednesdays seem to be the problem child. I've put so much effort into the week, and it's not over yet? Really? Again?

And where are we in this specific week? Much of the news on my radar is hockey-related:
  • The Bruins pulled off a much-needed win in a mostly boring game Sunday night.
  • Yesterday, trade deadline eve, they traded for Jaromir Jagr, holy cow.
  • The Bruins pulled off another, better played, far more entertaining win last night (two in a row, woooo!), though most UNFORTUNATELY they lost my Bergeron to a concussion during the game. Hopefully it won't be too bad. They're calling it "moderate" today, and I'm with the guy on the radio who said, "I was hoping for mild."
  • For a while, today's biggest trade news was a minor-leaguer-for-minor-leaguer swap (not all that meaningful, unless you're Max Sauve or Rob Flick), and I don't just mean the biggest news for the Bruins: so little was happening that they were referring to the trade deadline as the "dead tradeline" instead. At the buzzer, though, bigger deals did happen, and the Bruins picked up Wade Redden, another of the "possibly past his prime but maybe it will help" trades. Why not, really? They got him for a conditional 7th-round pick. Not often those become franchise blockbusters, eh?
Otherwise?
  • Well, I had a bit of a headache last night, though not too bad.
  •  The chiropractor's nurse/receptionist is considering the possibility of taking Miri to be company for her cat (oh please, oh please)(this is so far from definite, it can't even see definite in the distance on a clear day, but I had to share).
  •  Carlos is his usual lovely self.
And I think I'll go hang with him! Or maybe do some dishes first. (Not if he gets a vote.)

1 comment:

  1. I read the title and my first thought was "... wait, when did she start playing World of Warcraft?!" THAT would be weird.

    ReplyDelete