Sunday, September 23, 2012

Of Yarn (the favorite) and Cat (the favorite)

To answer the question that I raised the other day, about the skeins of Socks That Rock I've acquired this year, they are not all all blue, but they all have at least a nodding relationship with it. Here they are:
From left to right is the order I got them in:
  1. Lunasea, which has blues and greens and light purples
  2. Lucy in the Sky, beautiful blues
  3. In the Navy, strikingly similar to Lucy
  4. a skein of Mill Ends, meaning it has no proper name, but one could call it mermaid, or Caribbean, for its blues and greens
  5. Muddy Autumn Rainbow, which has some blue but more of other colors
  6. Midsummer Night, blues and grey-blues
And if that last one looks somehow familiar, you're not imagining things. See?
I made my Bigger on the Inside shawl with a heavier-weight, but it was also from Blue Moon, and in the same colorway. Ahh! I would have bought this skein anyway, but now I'm going to use it to make these Tardis socks, just because I can. I have to get a little sock-weight yarn in black and white before I can start.

Pending that, I started mitts to use up the yarn I had left from the shawl. I think I'll have enough, but that's part of the experiment. So far, so good, as you can see in this awkward left-handed photo.
Meanwhile, I'm doing laundry and dinner is in the oven, and overall chore progress is being made. What more can I ask from a Sunday evening?

Well, him, of course. But I don't have to ask for him, I have him.


Fortunately.

1 comment: