Sunday, September 16, 2012

All Things Considered, More Win Than Lose

No, I am NOT talking about hockey. As I have been anticipating for far longer than I want to think about, the NHL locked out the players as of midnight Saturday. Who knows how long it will take them all to grow up and sort this nonsense out. I am Not Amused.

However! Thinking about something else! For a weekend that was not headache-free, it's been a pretty good one. Yesterday I joined a few of my knitting group friends at a local festival, where we womanned a table recruiting for the group, which was fun. I brought a bunch of knit things*, to demonstrate the power of the needles, and we gave out two dozen flyers, which will hopefully translate into new visitors to the group.
*And was asked if they were for sale more than once, which is a compliment on its own, I guess.
Isn't that a great sign?
I can take no credit: my friend's husband took care of it for us, and did a better job than either of us would have.

And even if it doesn't work, and we get no one new, it was a nice day, I got lots of compliments on the knitting (not all of it in English, but you'd be surprised what comes over in only gestures), and we entertained many, many people with the name of the group. I'm so used to it, "stitch-n-bitch" doesn't even sound funny to me any more, but we brightened a lot of moments for people seeing the sign (as well as two small boys who were very taken with my hockey puck paperweight).

Then today, I joined friends for brunch in Marblehead, a historic town on the water. I must have been there before, but I don't know when it was. Or even if it just sounds so familiar because of Marblehead Mints! In any case, it was wonderful. We had a lovely brunch outside, at The Landing, which had a perfect table half in sun and half in shade, to suit the whole group. The food was good, and though I didn't order this, I liked the name:
I got some more done on my sock: between the festival and brunch, I'm all the way to here already:
Then after eating, my friend and I walked around, admiring the sights, and vowing to return. I will leave you with the pictures: enjoy!






























No comments:

Post a Comment