Thursday, August 30, 2012

Random and Sillyness

A couple of random things. First, today, for the second day running, I forgot earrings. The honeymoon with the new job is thus officially declared Over. Get comfortable.


I got a couple of requests for patterns in the knitting I mentioned yesterday, so I went back and added links, if you care about any of that.

Ran across something online that I absolutely adore: a site where you can put in a URL (or text) and it will show you the site translated into another language. What's so awesome about that, you ask? Doesn't it sound functional and prosaic and non-adorable?
 
Not if the language you choose is to sound like the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. Bork!
 
It turns this:
Last night, I finished the Tardis shawl, and I love it! So, so happy.
into this:
Lest neeght, I feenished zee Terdees shevl, und I lufe-a it! Su, su heppy. Bork bork bork!  
I foresee a lot of fun with this! There's Elmer Fudd.
Wast night, I finished the Tawdis shaww, and I wove it! So, so happy. 
Or how about Jive?
Last night, ah' finished da damn Tardis shawl, and ah' love it! Right on! So, so's happy.
Redneck? Cockney? Pig Latin?
Last night, ah finished th' Tardis shawl, an' ah love it! Fry mah hide!
Last night, I finished the Tardis shorl, and I luv it! Blimey! So, right, so happy. 
Astlay ightnay, Iyay inishedfay ethay Ardistay awlshay, andyay Iyay ovelay ityay! Osay, osay appyhay. 
You name it; those and more. Yeah, man. Not enough laughter in the world, but here's some.

1 comment: