Friday, August 24, 2012

Mixed Thoughts

Today was my dad's birthday. I thought of him this morning, wished him happy birthday, and could picture him, with that little smile he had when he was pleased but a little embarrassed. He was such a good man, and such a nice person. It's over three years since he died; sometimes it feels like forever, sometimes like no time at all. The pain isn't as sharp as it was, but it's still there. I still want him back. Of course. Happy birthday, Daddy.
And while I was looking for a picture of him, guess who else I found?
Does Carlos think he is the first to be awakened by my camera?
He is not.

Sniffing and smiling. Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sweet trip down memory lane. And by coincidence, the matron of honor for the wedding at which I sang also had a birthday yesterday. (Too bad she kept writing her DOB on the checks she made out to pay me and my dad!)

    ReplyDelete