Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Health Details Get a Little Gross; Then Yarn!

(Yes, I do have to talk about the gross stuff. Feel free to skip below the line of stars for safe yarn talk.)

Sorry to have missed posting yesterday. Most of my thoughts revolved around how bloody sick I am of this throat/coughing thing. Then I got a bit of a headache in the afternoon, which fortunately subsided enough to allow me to go out and meet some knitters in the evening, but then got bad again after I got home (what's up with that?). I got to sleep, but was awake around 2AM with the throat/cough, headache, and upset stomach making me truly miserable, particularly since every coughing fit triggered intense head pain. This morning, medication has tamed it at least temporarily, though I'm carrying a tissue with me and the cats are being treated to a regular chorus of cough-cough-hack-spit, "gross-gross-gross!" from me. Unbelievably disgusting.

You're welcome.

***************
Back in January, I posted about some mystery yarn, and I don't think I ever updated. Remember this?

I took it in to stitch and bitch, where two of my fellow knitters were of the opinion that it might be Manos, which is a reputable brand I'd heard of but never worked with. "Interesting!", I thought, then promptly put the yarn aside and forgot all about it.

Until I was in a yarn store last week (where, in an amazing feat of willpower, I did not buy anything), and saw this:
Looks startlingly similar! Enough that I put it on my Ravelry stash page thusly.

And, mother? That would mean that the retail value of what you brought is about $65. Quite a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment