Friday, February 24, 2012

Cramps. So Look at the Pictures!

I'm happy (I guess) to say that I didn't miss posting yesterday due to a headache. I mean, I am happy, I AM, that I don't have a headache. But cramps aren't a barrel of laughs either, and I've been kind of lolling around the house the last day or so.

I did go out yesterday! I went and met Mary Ellen for some knitting and conversation. I was working on the bunny baby blanket, and I finished knitting the body after I got home last night. Just some tails and it will be done!

I'm quite pleased with how it's come out. So often one imagines something that doesn't turn out quite how you planned ... but this one is good. And almost done.

I also stopped in the library to pick up some requests that had come in. The woman sitting at the desk was talking to someone as I got there (another employee leaving, I think), and the other woman behind the desk brought a stack of books up to her at the check-out, which I didn't really think much about until it turned out they were my holds--the second woman had recognized me and got my books! As I told them, if I'm going to be known by sight anywhere, it figures that it's the library.

Other news: I got a hyacinth at Trader Joe's the other day. A little spring in the house, for only $2.49. Smells wonderful.

This was on Tuesday; it's already blooming more. Maybe there will be sunlight to photograph it in tomorrow.

Another TJs find:
They're not quite grapes, not yet raisins. Sort of chewy ... I like them, anyway, and you know how rare it is for me to say that about something that doesn't involve chocolate or caramel.

The babies yesterday, playing footsie:

And my buddy tonight. Big paws are helpful for keeping light out of your eyes.

He slept on my lap for hours this afternoon, until I had to roust him and go to the bathroom. My energy levels today have been very well suited to being on the couch, with the TV, and knitting.

I started the Baby Surprise Jacket. So far, so fun!
I think I'm headed back there now. There's only so much sitting up I feel like doing. Slumping suits the day.

1 comment:

  1. That bunny tail is SUPER CUTE. (As is Carlos with his feet in his face.)

    Are you the "Norm!" of the library now? Hee!

    ReplyDelete