Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The Post of Much Whew

Happy!

I am super-ultra-happy to report that my brother has earned the title of Official Super Genius of Remote Tech Support, by discovering my missing photos and documents. It turns out that my computer, in the process of restoring after last week's Little Incident, made all the files "hidden" ones, and once he told the machine to "stop that right now", it meekly said, "Oh, you mean these files, here they are! No hard feelings!"



So! I have my pictures back, which is a huge relief. Only after this question was resolved did I dare go get my Baggie of Backup Memory Sticks, at which point I learned that it was even longer than I thought since I last backed up. A lot longer. There would have been some serious talk-me-off-the-ledge-ness required if the photos were really gone, not just hiding, those little minxes.

Peek-a-boo!

So, having learned the lesson (almost the hard way), I promptly started backing up with the memory sticks I have (I'm going to get an external hard drive, but that's ... sigh ... on the to-do list, not the done list). The more that's saved, the better I'll feel.

And then it's Go-Bruins time again. Fingers firmly crossed!

2 comments:

  1. *whew*! Your brother saved the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad they are back - but I don't envy you the task of filling all those memory sticks... try an online backup - you don't need to remember to do anything in future - it just backs up when you're not looking, incrementally.

    ReplyDelete