Monday, June 06, 2011

Well, My Intentions are Always Good

I had a busy but mostly very good day on Saturday, which I planned to write about on Sunday. You may have noticed that instead, I didn't write anything on Sunday. I don't know if I have a good explanation for that, but here are a few possible reasons.

1. I was tired, emotionally hungover from one or more of the following:
1a. the Bruins losing eleven seconds into overtime Saturday night, shoot me now
1b. allergies, which are making me feel like there's a layer of pollen on my brain
1c. new-job-brain-full syndrome

2. Carlos wanted a lap really badly.

3. I was afraid to upload my pictures to the computer, after last week's Troubles. Yes, honestly.

4. Laziness, or possibly mental illness (it's a fine line, isn't it?).

Or maybe something else altogether. Who really knows? I managed to get a few things done this weekend, but honestly, I didn't make much of a dent in the to-do list. Still, let's see specifics:
  • took the car in for its (overdue) oil change
  • loaded, ran, and unloaded the dishwasher
  • packaged up some things to take to the post office
  • trimmed my nails (hey, it's important; if I leave it too long, I can't get my contacts out)
  • made the salsa, yum
  • got a lot of crap off the kitchen table/random junk repository
  • checked the bank balance and bills due
I also tried to buy Nutcracker tickets online (I know, in June!), but was thwarted by the Boston Ballet's website. They group the tickets together one way (by price, I believe), but show the seating areas on the chart another way (orchestra, dress circle, etc), which means that if you want to see where the seats are that they're offering you, you're good, but if you want to order seats in a specific area, it doesn't work. I had to call last year, same thing this year. So instead of taking something off the list, this ended up putting the item in a different category (yes, my to-do list has categories). Not quite a step back, but not a step forward either.

Calling them is a piece of cake actually, and the people I've talked to have been very nice, but it's remembering to do it during box office hours that can be a challenge for me. But I managed to have a very productive lunch hour today (key to success*: lunch hour, not half hour), picking up library books, calling the Ballet and my dentist to reschedule, and going to the Post Office. As well as, you know, eating lunch.

*Also key is working on the same block as the library and post office.

All of which is to say, I hope to have some great pictures to share with you in a few days, maybe. Meanwhile, I'm off to knit while listening tensely to the Bruins game. Ay.

2 comments:

  1. What? Carlos needed a lap? Say no more. :)

    I'm not going to comment on the game, as it's still going on, but I hope your knitting is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the game went well. Must have been your sitting there with Carlos and the pointy sticks.

    Speaking of Carlos and lap time, I need to ask if he's been talking to Tux about that? Lately, I've been more cat couch than knitter at night.

    ReplyDelete