Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Now that's more like it, campers!

Leaving stitch and bitch last night (with the second sleeve almost done, woo), I was saying to a friend that I was so nervous about the Bruins game, that the close games were killing me, and that I wished they would just win 7-2 so that I could relax and enjoy it. "After all, why would they want to punish me?" I argued, and we laughed that I live in a ccr-centric universe and it is all about me.

And then the Bruins won 8-1, in a game marred only by a serious injury to Nathan Horton*, and after four or five goals I could laugh and enjoy it.

*He's out for the season with a serious concussion, while his attacker was thrown out of the game last night, and given a 4-game suspension today.

Part of what I was laughing at, actually, is that one of my neighbors seems to have TV reception that is literally three seconds ahead of mine. Perhaps it's a different cable provider, perhaps it's HD, I don't know. All I know is that I would hear him yell "Yes!" and three seconds later, the Bruins scored on my TV. It was pretty funny. Made for a good warning system, so I didn't miss anything.

Seven different goal scorers. Two power-play goals, from a team whose power-play is a league laughingstock. Two short-handed goals, including an absolute beauty by Brad Marchand:



Ahhh. Good game. Root, root, root for the home team.

**********
We've got some crazy weather coming, if the forecast is to be believed (ha! I know, I know, I never learn). Look at this:




Can you see that thirty-degree drop in two days? Wacky as all hell, my friends. At this time of year, whether the sun is out makes a big difference in how a temperature feels, so it may not feel as hot or as chilly, depending. (I mean, feels-like-85 and feels-like-75 are not so far apart.) Or maybe it will. It's not like they really know.

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't know better I'd ask if you live on my street -- there's someone near our house that has TV reception just a few seconds behind us, so we hear them cheer the Bruins just after us.

    ReplyDelete