Thursday, June 09, 2011

A Mix of Birthday/Hockey/Knitting Things

First off, happy birthday to my mother! Blogging at night, I don't always remember to bring up events of the following day. So if you're reading this on Friday, well, her birthday was Thursday. Is Thursday, as I write this. Anyway. Happy Birthday!

(inspired of course by the amazing Sandra Boynton)

Second, after I blogged last night, I did hop on Amazon and order an external hard drive. Soon, I will be backing up my computer like a responsible person. Or at least a person who doesn't want to lose a year's worth of photos and everything in her documents folder. Ahem. Thanks again, my brother.

Third, how about last night? How about those Bruins? As the man said on the radio this morning, "How many saves did Tim Thomas make last night? All of them." Four-nothing! Nice job, gentlemen.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow, to see what they do in Vancouver. Can they carry the momentum? Or more to the point, will they? (They just outscored the regular season's best team by 12-1 in two games; I'm pretty sure they have the skills.) Reportedly, Nathan Horton was in the dressing room after the game last night to congratulate them, and surely that should give them any emotional lift they need to carry them west. I'm so happy to hear that he can get out at least a bit; in the early stages of their concussions in recent years, both Bergeron and Savard were reported to be staying home in darkened rooms, so this is good news indeed. (Not that he'll be playing again in the series, but for the state of his health in general.)

Next, I will have to take more pictures (maybe this weekend), because I'm done with both sleeves and working down through the waist shaping, but here is the sweater as it was not so long ago. June first, in fact. It's growing!


All the Nervous Hockey Knitting is getting a lot done. Bulky yarn and large needles don't hurt either. Vroom.

2 comments: