Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sorry, No Content Tonight

Something awful tried to take over my computer tonight, flooding me with death-doom-and-despair messages and trying to get me to spend "USD 74.5" to get the advanced fix-it-level tool to make all my problems go away. It looked slightly off, if you know what I mean, so I called tech support, and fortunately my brother* was available.

*If you don't have someone in your family who knows more about computers than you do**, I advise you to shop around for smart, patient friends because it's so worth it.
**Assuming that you know as little as I do, that is. Perhaps you are the one in your family, in which case bless you.

Anyway, we tried wiggling the rabbit ears and whacking it upside the head, and I think it may be okay now, but to be honest I'm ready to turn it off and let it rest from the whole ordeal.

Or maybe that's me who needs to rest. Hasta maƱana, hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I hate weird messages like that. My parents get those and I am the on-call PC consultant (I knew there would be fallout from being uber-educated)--what kinds of sites are you people visiting? And so often??? ;)

    I hope your computer's little episode is over.

    ReplyDelete